How long will it take to order parts?
- We keep over £500,000 worth of group parts stock. Any parts not stocked are usually available to order next day.
Does my vehicle have a timing belt or chain fitted?
- Depends on the model, please provide us with your registration number; we can confirm this along with the servicing schedules.
Why do I need to change my cam belt? (see above question)
- The cambelt is a critical part of the engine, certain parts need to move at the same time or different time to others. The toothed cam belt makes sure the engine is timed correctly. If the cam belt fails it can cause significant engine damage or possibly result in the engine having to be replaced.
Why do manufactures recommend a 2 year brake fluid change?
- Most manufacturers recommend a brake fluid change every two years as brake fluid has hygroscopic properties – meaning that it absorbs moisture through the pipes, hoses and joints that it lubricates. As the water content in the brake fluid increases, the temperature the liquid boils at decreases from when the brake fluid is ‘dry’ (ie no water content when new) to when it is ‘wet’ (contaminated with water).
Why do I need my Coolant/ Antifreeze changed?
- Antifreeze contains chemicals which stop the liquid freezing at normal freezing temperatures. This degrades over time and is also diluted when topped up with water. The time its due for change is not always specified but at service we do tests to check the strength of the antifreeze and also acidity. Weak antifreeze will not stop ice forming at cold temperatures which could cause damage to your engine system. A high acidity can also cause damage due to corrosion.
What is the legal limit of a tyre?
- 1.6mm is the legal limit but we recommend changing at 3mm as the stopping distance is increased dramatically.
How many days before MOT expiry date can I have my MOT carried out?
- An MOT test can be post dated for up to 28 days.
How many years of Manufacturer’s warranty do I receive with a new car?
- Ford cars registered after 1st September 2014 have 3 years or 60,000 miles warranty whichever occurs first . Ford commercial vehicles have a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty. Peugeot Cars have 3 year warranty. First 2 years unlimited mileage, year 3, 60,000 mile overall limit. Commercial vehicle have 3 year warranty first 2 years unlimited mileage, year 3 100,000 overall limit. Warranty terms and conditions apply found in your warranty and maintenance record.
Does my gearbox oil need changing?
- Peugeot gearboxes are sealed for life so no regular change is required – Ford, dependent on vehicle model. Ask us for details.
What does a pollen filter do?
- A fully functioning pollen filter reduces air pollution, assists allergy sufferers, reduces unpleasant odours. It keeps the air in the cabin clean and should be changed annually.
What is “AdBlue”?
- Peugeot AdBlue is a diesel particulate filter (DPF) additive that is injected into the exhaust system to aid reducing emissions. This fluid is used every time you drive and should last approximately 6000 miles. You can purchase top up or visit us and we will top up the system for you. (There is a small charge for this service)
Do you price match?
- Yes, we do ask for written proof and the product or service we are matching must be “like for like” and use genuine parts is required.
Why do I need to have genuine parts?
- Genuine parts are manufactured specifically for your vehicle and fit right first time. We also are able to guarantee genuine parts.
How do I obtain my radio code?
- Contact our aftersales department with your proof of ownership of your vehicle and we can help you obtain your radio code
How do I get a replacement car key?
- Contact our aftersales department with your proof of ownership of the vehicle. Keys need to be ordered and are cut to order.
I need a new number plate what should I do?
- Contact our parts department with proof of ownership and we will be happy to print you a new plate. We can also fit your new number plate for you too.
Can I budget for my service and MOT’s?
- Yes, Desira offer a service plan starting from only £9.99, these can include services and MOTs. The total price is broken down into interest free monthly payments allowing you to budget for your service like you would a gas or electricity bill.